Friday, February 13, 2009

the road most traveled by

i must make reference back to this post. it is the kicker for where i am right now. i am not dedicated. i've fallen and can't get up. here i am boldly stating my purpose in life by being a seeker of happiness and i am far from being in that state right now. i love the savior. i do. he carefully places things (read people) in my path to help me along the way. 

i realize i have moments of depression. i get the winter blues as well but thats a cop-out. an easy excuse to be readily made. what it comes down to, i'm rebelling. i realize why the road is narrow, it's hard to stay on if you don't watch your footing. if i don't do what i need to do to choose the things that help me, how can i help me? why is it that when one knows better they still make the wrong choice? maybe i need to learn this. i am a girl from the school of hard knocks after all.

if you have the time or the inclination to stay with me, you'll find out what happens when someone does make better choices. i like that girl. she's happier. she grows and learns better. i want to know her again.

1 comment:

4 Peanuts and a Cashew said...

Dear Kim, what matters most is that you keep trying to get up after you fall. I don't think you realize how much positive influence you have had on others. When I said you were my little ray of sunlight, I meant it! And I know that you are that for other people too--I see that you always have a positive and kind word for all of your FB friends, and I'm sure it doesn't stop there. You are an awesome Mom too, which is the most important thing you can succeed at! It's hard when you disappoint yourself--I know what that is like. You're not alone in this. Sometimes it takes a while to feel good about yourself again after you disappoint yourself, but you can do it! That's the Kim I have come to know and be endeared to! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON.
--Sandra

Playlist.com


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones